Aalekh translates into “writing” or “written word”, a rhythmic concoction from Sanskrit. Visualised by two friends: a published writer and a curator of stories, it is an upcoming anthology of new writing. The aim is to encourage written word from upcoming writers. Our goal is to focus on stories, storytellers and everything else that revolves around the craft of storytelling.
Aalekh hopes to become the centrifugal force in finding and encouraging fresh voices to redefine how we tell stories.
The prompt for the first edition is: Write a short story where your protagonist is a writer.
The deadline for submissions for the first volume is August 31, 2020.
For submissions or any queries, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All work should be original and unpublished. We also ask for an exclusivity period of one year, which means that the story can not be republished elsewhere for that period.
- The acceptable length is 2000-6000 words. We request that submissions be made the format of .doc, .docx, or .pages.
- If you are submitting a translated work, please include a note of who has written the original story, who is making the submission, and who holds the rights to the original story and the translation.
- We understand that you might want to submit the same story to more than one publication. We request you to inform us if your work gets accepted somewhere else.
- Due to the volume of submissions, we request that you allow us upto 14 days to respond to your submission.